Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Breckenridge Brewing Beer & Cheese Class

For the entire month of November, we will be donating all proceeds from each class to a friend of mine who is battling Stage 4 Cancer at the young age of 39 years old.  For more info on Mike follow this link
Each Thursday night in November we will be working with our friends at Grand Vin Fine Wines, http://www.grandvinonline.com/ , to bring people together through wine to help another human being and his family battle this.
I was starting to think about it and I felt that I was leaving some people out.  I've heard rumors, maybe myths and folklore that some people don't drink wine.  Imagine that.  Some people prefer the aromatic indulgence of hops, barley and malt.  Hey, I'm a beer guy also.  I'm not going to go out there and say I'm the biggest craft beer, hop head out on the scene since that would be insulting to those aficionados.  I DO NOT drink the fizzy yellow stuff.  I like anything with flavor and character.  Something that sets the mood for my taste buds and gets them talking.  A great farmhouse Saison with some triple creme brie, a nice Porter on a cold night ...HMMM!  That's what I go for and I know that there's many who also enjoy this.  I have many friends in the beer field.  Some brewers, sales people, brewery reps...all I consider my ambassadors, my Yoda's in the craft beer world. 
On November 30th, we're bringing in one of those guys, my friend and sales rep from Craft Beer Guild of CT Ryan.  He'll walk you through the brews of Breckenridge Brewery http://www.breckbrew.com/
While I try to nail the cheese pairings.  On a side note, if you've never paired cheese with beer you are truly missing out.  The bubbles combined with the cheese makes the flavors explode!
The class is $20/person, limited to 12 people due to size.  Class begins at 4PM at Grand Vin Fine Wines of New Haven 28 E. Grand Ave
 This also makes a great holiday gift to someone, so if you are thinking that you already know 10-12 people that would love the whole room to yourselves then contact me ASAP before 11/18.  Proceeds from this and every November class go directly to Mike and his family to offset the costs associated with his treatment especially since he can no longer work while undergoing treatment.
Let's face it, after Black Friday and the chaos of the malls everywhere it will be nice to sit, relax with some friends and have a sampling of some fine ass craft brews while knowing that you are helping out another human being.  
Bring some friends or make some new ones!
Email me at 
wineschool101@gmail.com
by 11/18.
I cannot accommodate walk ins due to room size. However, if you would like to plan a similar event, please contact me to discuss dates, topics and the endless possibilities we can do!
 

No comments: